Posted to users@camel.apache.org by bonnahu <bo...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/23 00:16:11 UTC

Is it possible to import Endpoints from a xml file like routeContextRef?

Hey guys,
We can import routes from other XML files by using routeContextRef. Does
anyone know whether we could do the same for EndPoints?

thanks

Re: Is it possible to import Endpoints from a xml file like routeContextRef?

Posted by bonnahu <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hey Claus,
Thanks for your response again. Yeah, that's I am looking for, since I have
a bunch of <endpoint>, which will be included in several projects. I am
thinking to do it in this way,
1. Put the id and uri of endpoint in a properties file
2. In a init route, read the properties file then dynamically inject/add the
endpoint to the camelContext

do you think it is a doable solution?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Do you mean having a bunch of <endpoint> in the <camelContext>

<endpoint id="foo" url="xxxx"/>
<endpoint id="bar" url="xxxx"/>

If so I dont think its supported yet. There is a JIRA ticket to
improve <routeContext> to allow defining stuff besides just <route>s

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM, bonnahu <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> We can import routes from other XML files by using routeContextRef. Does
> anyone know whether we could do the same for EndPoints?
>
> thanks

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com