Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Thamizh Thomas <th...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/10 13:54:25 UTC

Fwd: Tamil PDF file read Issue

​Hi All,

I have a requirement to read PDF file which is in tamil. I read page by
page. But it only return junk characters which is unreadable. Also when
copy the texts from the PDF and paste in some other file it also returns
the same. Please help me to resolve this issue. I have also attached the
document.​

-----

*Thanks*

*   Thamizh Thomas A*
*   SemTech*
*   Bosco ITS*

Re: Tamil PDF file read Issue

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

if copy and paste or Save As text from Adobe Reader hive you the same result than this is because of wrong mappings in the PDF. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do as technically the result you are getting is OK although not what you expected. You might want to upload your PDF to a public location so we can take another look.

BR

Maruan