Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by MAHE Vincent FTRD/DIH/REN <vi...@rd.francetelecom.fr> on 2001/03/13 16:17:28 UTC

How to get internal and external entities decl with the DOM2 ?

Is it possible with Xerces and Xalan J2 to get the values and names of the
entities declared in the DTD of an XML file ?

I've tried many things with the SAX2 DTDHandler, DeclHandler and
EntityResolver interfaces but it doesn't work.

It seems that Xerces doesn't implement the DeclHandler  interface at all
since I've a "org.xml.sax.SAXNotRecognizedException:
http://xml.org/sax/handlers/DeclHandler" when I try to use it.

The only thing I manage to get is the systemID of the external entities via
the resolveEntity() function of the EntityResolver interface.

Vincent