Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Peter Mathew <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/21 15:02:38 UTC

Running Fop using tomcat

Dear Friends,
I'm in a fix,new to Fop and its termnologies
Please help me,
Thanks in advance

I'm using Fop 0.17.0 DEV

I need to create a pdf file using FOP,I've created the
necessary xml,xsl file and is working fine using
commandline instruction

java org.apache.fop.apps.XalanCommandLine foo.xml
foo.xsl foo.pdf

Now the problem

I'm writing a jsp file in which i'm creating a runtime
object using Runtime.getRuntime();

Using the Runtime object I'm trying to run the above
CommandLine instruction,it's afailure.

What should I do.Any alternate way,

Please help me out,

Thanks once again,

Peter

Re: Running Fop using tomcat

Posted by Amit <ak...@uhc.com>.
Peter,
    Use a servlet instead of a a jsp page. There should be an example of
how to do it in the <path-to-fop>\docs\examples

Thanks
Amit