Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/16 13:03:37 UTC

Re: [Httpcomponents Wiki] Update of "HttpCoreBenchmark" by OlegKalnichevski

Might be an idea to include the SVN revision number in the HC version
somehow (unless it is a released version)?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 16/03/2010, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> sebb wrote:
>
> > On 16/03/2010, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 12:03 +0000, sebb wrote:
> > >  > Might be an idea to include the SVN revision number in the HC version
> > >  > somehow (unless it is a released version)?
> > >  >

> > > While certainly a nice feature, apparently it is not easy to achieve
> > >  with our beloved build tool. Roland looked into it a while ago and
> > >  apparently gave up at some point
> > >

> http://apache.markmail.org/message/kvj7z3ytiaifhffl?q=list:org.apache.hc.dev+from:Roland%2BWeber+svn+version
> > >
> > >  We can revisit the issue once again. Hopefully things improved on the
> > >  Maven side since the last failed attempt.
> > >

> > I can look at that.
> >
> > But in the meantime, perhaps manually edit the Wiki page to add the
> details?
> >

>  I intend to update the benchmark results as soon as the 4.1-beta1 is
> released, which should happen soon. I can add the SVN revision manually if
> you think this makes sense.

Yes, I think that's a good idea; if there are any performance tweaks
made to the code it would be useful to be able to identify the code
version more exactly.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.