Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "S, VENKATESH" <vs...@hp.com> on 2004/02/17 06:05:39 UTC

Regarding login IT's URGENT

Hi,
  After clicking login button which class will execute,I know that JLoginUSer class is executing but what i have to know is
  whenever i am giving username as admin how it goes to respective page of admin,whenever i am giving as Turbine how it is going to Turbines page,I wnat to know whether it is executed by java file or by some other files.

Re: Regarding login IT's URGENT

Posted by Paul <pa...@httpcolonslashslashwww.net>.
On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 05:05, S, VENKATESH wrote:
> Hi,
>   After clicking login button which class will execute,I know that JLoginUSer class is executing but what i have to know is
>   whenever i am giving username as admin how it goes to respective page of admin,whenever i am giving as Turbine how it is going to Turbines page,I wnat to know whether it is executed by java file or by some other files.

comments:
1) please re-read any questions you post to mailing lists to ensure they
are clear and concise
2) the punctuation keys on the keyboard are there for a purpose. make it
clear what you are stating as fact, what is your guesswork, and what
you're asking for
3) remember, we are busy people, are not paid to read questions and help
others, marking as "urgent" will not produce faster results, making the
question clearer and indicating that you've already tried to help
yourself will probably get a faster response

Use of jetspeed in the context of CPs

Posted by karthikeyan <ka...@email.unc.edu>.
I am writing to this listserver to get some information on:

1) List of sites "preferrably Corporate Portals (CP)" running JetSpeed
or equivalent 'freebees'
2) Database for Login etc : MySQL (or equivalent - free DB's )
3) More custom designed portlets: (preferrably other than bundled ones
with Jetspeed)
4) Optionally: Scientific Contents .
5) Tutorials for design of Corporate Portals (Taxonomy)

I know it is nothing to do with 'problems or too techie' request. Pl.
share/contribute your knowledge.

I just completed reading few books on portals may be interest to this
community.

1) Designing Portals: Opportunities and Challenges (A Jafari, M Sheehan)
Inf.Sci. Publishing (2003)
2) Realizing the Promise of Corporate Portals: Leveraging Knowledge for
Bussiness Success (2003) JC Terra, Cindy Gordon (Publisher: Butterworth
Heinemann)
3) Chapter 3: Building Portals for Higher Education : Knowledge
Management Competitive Advantage in Higher Education A Serban, J Luan
(2002)

My Algorithm     :)

1) Create The Tool (e.g JetSpeed)
2) Use it !!!
3) Advance/Modify/Update: Develop it further
if (value > 0.8)
4) Go to: Step 2
else :
break;

regards
--
M. Karthikeyan, Ph.D., Scientist

RE: Regarding login IT's URGENT

Posted by "Suchisubhra Sinha (susinha)" <su...@cisco.com>.
If you want particular java file check this out
  org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.portlets.CustomizeSetAction

~suchi

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.