Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at> on 2009/09/11 17:52:49 UTC

Question about site deployment

Hi all,

I am currently refactoring a lot of our projects and this means updating all
POMs. I was looking at the ditributionmanagement-part of my POMs, and I was
wondering why there is no different setting for the SNAPSHOT- and
RELEASE-sites, like with the repositories.

We are running nightly builds, that both deploy the SNAPSHOT artifacts and the
SNAPSHOT sites. However, it would be nice to have these deployed to a
different location for SNAPSHOTS, so we can delete them when we release the
projects (in other words: when they are obsolete).

Is there an easy way to accomplish something like this with the 2.0 branch of
Maven?

Roland Asmann

CFC Informationssysteme Entwicklungsgesellschaft m.b.H
Bäckerstrasse 1/2/7
A-1010 Wien
FN 266155f, Handelsgericht Wien

Tel.: +43/1/513 88 77 - 27
Fax.: +43/1/513 88 62
Email: Roland.Asmann@cfc.at
Web: www.cfc.at

Re: Question about site deployment

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
That aspect could certainly be better. At least here we'd like to
publish snapshots every time to the same location, and each release to
a separate location plus the latest to a fixed location. You can do
something like <url>scp://myproject.mycompany.com/var/www/maven-site/versions/${project.version}</url>.
After that, we take care of the rest by adjusting the symbolic links
(with a script). So you can do it, but some manual assembly required
to get that going.

Kalle