Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by TG <ta...@hotmail.com> on 2012/08/14 02:05:47 UTC

How to avoid ul turning into table?

I am trying to create a iui list using tapestry. I used -

  		<ul xml:space="preserve">
		    <li t:id="portraitSrGrid" t:type="loop" t:source="SRs" t:value="SR"
include="id,service">
				<t:pagelink page="app/service/SaveMobile"
context="SR.id">${SR.id}</t:pagelink>
	    		 http://${hostName}/go/${SR.service} <t:outputraw
t:value="SR.service" />
			</li>
		</ul>

But this is still renders as a table. How do I "turned off" the table
rendering? And just let the output be a unordered list?

Re: How to avoid ul turning into table?

Posted by TG <ta...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks, works like a charm!

Re: How to avoid ul turning into table?

Posted by Pavel Vodenski <pa...@beckon.com>.
You should use
http://tapestry.apache.org/5.3/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/Loop.htmlwhich
works similar to Grid but does not imply rows or cells. Your source
and value parameters are still correct, and you no longer need the include
parameter.

- P

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:05:47 -0300, TG <ta...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to create a iui list using tapestry. I used -
>
>   		<ul xml:space="preserve">
> 		    <li t:id="portraitSrGrid" t:type="loop" t:source="SRs" t:value="SR"
> include="id,service">
> 				<t:pagelink page="app/service/SaveMobile"
> context="SR.id">${SR.id}</t:pagelink>
> 	    		 http://${hostName}/go/${SR.service} <t:outputraw
> t:value="SR.service" />
> 			</li>
> 		</ul>
> But this is still renders as a table. How do I "turned off" the table
> rendering? And just let the output be a unordered list?

Please post the generated HTML. As Pavel noted, the Loop component doesn't
have an include component. Are you sure you aren't using Grid instead of
Loop?

[written before I noticed the template snippet above didn't use Grid]
Grid will always render as a table. After all, its name is 'Grid' and
grids are two-dimensional things, while lists are one-dimensional. As
Pavel suggested, you can use a Loop instead and render whatever you want.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo