Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Claudius Teodorescu <cl...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/12 21:37:51 UTC

XFA form

Hi,

It is possible to manipulate XFA by using PDFBox?

Thank you,
Claudius Teodorescu

Re: XFA form

Posted by Claudius Teodorescu <cl...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you for the hints.

At this very moment I am beginned in Java, so that I can only use examples, but I will do all my best to use what you point out.

Claudius Teodorescu

Re: XFA form

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Claudius Teodorescu wrote:
> Thank you for this quick answer.
>
> I think I expressed myself in a wrong way.
>
> My intention is to get the XFA, modify it outside PDFBox and set it again within the PDF file, replacing the original one.
>
> If this is possible, there is an example?
There is some kind of a starting point but AFAIU the code it is only a
placeholder for the code which has to be implemented. Have a look at [1] and you
will see what I'm talking about. If you want to play around with that code, have
another look at [2]. It's an example how to get access to a form and its fields.
Further informations about XFA Forms can be found in chapter 8.6.7 of adobes pdf
1.7 reference manual.

> Thank you,
> Claudius Teodorescu

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/pdfbox/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/pdmodel/interactive/form/PDXFA.java
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/pdfbox/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/fdf/PrintFields.java

Re: XFA form

Re: XFA form

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Claudius Teodorescu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It is possible to manipulate XFA by using PDFBox?
AFAIK there isn't any support for XFA.

> Thank you,
> Claudius Teodorescu

BR