Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Srinivas Kurella <Sr...@cosinecom.com> on 2001/02/07 01:38:18 UTC

Include file in Jsp -recompile issue

I have Jsp files which include other jsps.
If the included jsp is changed Tomcat doesn't recompile the main jsp
unless i go and touch the main jsp file.
Is this a bug or is this configurable or am i just wrong ??

Srini

Re: Include file in Jsp -recompile issue

Posted by Filip Hanik <fi...@filip.net>.
Include file in Jsp -recompile issueIsn't the include a statement that gets executed during runtime.so if a sub page is changed, there is no need to recompile the main page. because the include will be dynamically executed.

Filip

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you
~
Filip Hanik
Software Architect
filip@filip.net
www.filip.net

Posted by Charles Lee <cl...@hubstorm.com>.
Include file in Jsp -recompile issueSrini,

You need to use <jsp:include page="you URL" flush="true"/>

It will take care of your problem. If you couldn't get it work, you can call
me or reply me.

Charles
Sr. Software Architect
Hubstorm Corporation