Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "Ramanan, Buvana (Nokia - US)" <bu...@nokia.com> on 2016/05/18 17:28:59 UTC

RE: [COMMERCIAL] Re: download - 0.10.0.0 RC6

Ian,

Thanks a lot for the prompt response.

What is the difference between the following?

1) kafka-0.10.0.0-src.tgz
2) kafka_2.10-0.10.0.0.tgz
3) kafka_2.11-0.10.0.0.tgz

I suppose the 1st one is the source and the 2nd & 3rd are binaries...
I am not able to figure out the difference between 2nd & 3rd, please clarify

-Buvana

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
It's for different Scala versions, ie, 2.10 and 2.11, respectively.

-Matthias

Re: [COMMERCIAL] Re: [COMMERCIAL] Re: download - 0.10.0.0 RC6

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
RC is never available in the version information, because the RC we
vote on is identical to the version we release. This is Apache rules,
not mine :)

I am not sure about the MBeans - what is the commitID in previous versions?

Gwen

Posted by Manikumar Reddy <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

commitId is nothing but latest git commit hash of the release. This is taken
while building binary distribution. commitId is avilable in binary release
(kafka_2.10-0.10.0.0.tgz)
commitId will not be available if you build from source release
(kafka-0.10.0.0-src.tgz).

Posted by Ian Wrigley <ia...@confluent.io>.