Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Joakim Ohlrogge <jo...@agical.com> on 2008/10/15 00:36:28 UTC

Segmentationfault with 1.3.3

Hi,

I get a segmentationfault with the snapshot of buildr (1.3.3) when I
try to build on my kubuntu system.
1.3.2 works fine (but I need 1.3.3 in order to get specs and scala to
work together).

Some information about my system that may be helpful:

jocke@euroblok:~/dev/publisher$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_05"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b19, mixed mode, sharing)

With explicit JAVA_HOME the information is the same:

jocke@euroblok:~/dev/publisher$ $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -version
java version "1.6.0_05"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b19, mixed mode, sharing)

And it is a JDK:

jocke@euroblok:~/dev/publisher$ $JAVA_HOME/bin/javac -version
javac 1.6.0_05

As far as I am aware there are no othe JDK:s or JRE:s installed on my system

jocke@euroblok:~/dev/publisher$ gem list -a

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

Antwrap (0.7.0)
archive-tar-minitar (0.5.2)
builder (2.1.2)
buildr (1.3.3, 1.3.2)
highline (1.4.0)
hoe (1.7.0, 1.6.0)
net-sftp (2.0.1)
net-ssh (2.0.4, 2.0.3)
rake (0.8.1)
rjb (1.1.6, 1.1.2)
rspec (1.1.8, 1.1.5, 1.1.4)
rubyforge (1.0.0)
rubygems-update (1.3.0)
rubyzip (0.9.1)
xml-simple (1.0.11)

I read that the problem is most likely java 1.6 related and that
sometimes it can't be resolved but since buildr 1.3.2 works I thought
I'd check if anyone on the list has some last tricks to try before I
give up.

Thanks
/Joakim

Re: Segmentationfault with 1.3.3

Posted by Joakim Ohlrogge <jo...@agical.com>.
Ah, a fair enough workaround and it works like charm, thank you very
much for your help. I'm a happy buildr user again!

/J

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 7:48 PM, Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Joakim Ohlrogge
> <jo...@agical.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the quick reply. I have now run buildr 1.3.3 with jruby and
>> I also managed to run it with java 1.5.
>> It does not build my scala project though (latest snapshot gem).
>> (1.3.2 builds the scala code but fails
>> with specs that are also runnable with junit as we already know).
>>
>> Did something scala-related change between 1.3.3 and 1.3.2 when it
>> comes to detecting scala-code?
>
> Yes, I discovered the bug just after 1.3.3 was released.
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BUILDR-172
>
> As a workaround, you need to add:
>
> require 'buildr/scala'
>
> At the top of your Buildfile.