Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Mansour Raad <mr...@esri.com> on 2007/07/31 21:40:18 UTC

restful parameters setting

given the following annotated method in an interface

     @Get
     @HttpResource(location = "/{first},{last}")
     @WebResult(name = "nameInfo")
     NameInfo getName(
         @WebParam(name = "nameOptions")
         NameOptions nameOptions
     );

the nameOptions.first and nameOptions.last are populated properly
when delimited by a comma, however using:

     @HttpResource(location = "/{first}/{last}")

note here it is delimited by a slash (/), then only the last property
is set.

Any hints are very much appreciated.

Mansour
:-)

Re: restful parameters setting

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@iona.com>.
Hi

I've just realized  you're relying on CXF-private HTTP Binding - this is not really looked after at all at the moment.
You'd really be better using (CXF) JAX-RS. I can't claim that CXF JAX-RS is well maintained at the moment either - I can only afford
doing some work with it in my own time - but it's improving nonetheless and there's been a steady stream of minor patches and and I
hoping to see CXF JAX-RS implementing the final version of the spec eventually.

With JAX-RS you can also try different JAX-RS implementations (Jersey, Restlets, ReastEasy) - it's a better fit if you're after
doing RESTful services in Java.

Cheers, Sergey

> Same problem here.
>
> Things like @HttpResource(location = "/{id}/details") don't seem to work
> either.
>
> Any thoughs on this?
>
> Thanks,
> Rui Ramos

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

Re: restful parameters setting

Posted by rm-ramos <rm...@criticalsoftware.com>.
Hey Sergey,

In my case no NPE, just an empty String ("") set in the URL's parameter.
I'm using 2.0.6.
Think it might me fixed in later versions?

Thanks,
Rui Ramos

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@iona.com>.
Are you seeing a NPE ? If yes then 2.1.1 shoukd have it fixed...

Cheers, Sergey

> Same problem here.
>
> Things like @HttpResource(location = "/{id}/details") don't seem to work
> either.