Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> on 2002/08/04 06:32:05 UTC

RE: xpath queries not working in xmldb

> From: John Moylan [mailto:johnm@rte.ie]
>
> Hi,

Hi John,

"//Metadata/Property[@FormalName='PublicationDate'][@Value='20020710']"

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/xmldb/extractsdb/?xpath=//Metadata/Property
[@Form
> alName='PublicationDate'][@Value='20020710']
> the result I get is for all files in the collection.
>
> Does Cocoon's XMLDB transformer have problems with attributes?

No. But all proxies/web browsers/web servers/etc are really upset with
your invalid URL. Please do encode at least all '=' characters properly.

Here is URL to URL RFC for your convenience:
http://www.w3.org/Addressing/rfc1738.txt
(See chapter "2.2. URL Character Encoding Issues", paragraph "Unsafe:")

Regards,
Vadim

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, John Moylan wrote:

> Thanks Vadim, The URL below works great.
>
> http://localhost/?xpath=//Metadata/Property%5B%40FormalName%3D'PublicationDate'%5D%5B%40Value%3D'20020710'%5D
>
> By the way, does anybody know if the XMLDB transformer is being activly
> maintained in Cocoon? I remember reading somewhere that it was being
> depreciated. If so, does anyone know of any particular reasons why?

I think the XMLDBGenerator is deprecated because of the
XMLDBSourceFactory.

Posted by John Moylan <jo...@rte.ie>.

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>From: John Moylan [mailto:johnm@rte.ie]
>>
>>Hi,
>>

>Hi John,
>

>>Are there issues I should be aware of when using the xmldb using
>>
>xindice
>
>>from the command line to return documents using:
>>xindice xpath_query -c /db/extractsdb -q
>>
>"//Metadata/Property[@FormalName='PublicationDate'][@Value='20020710']"
>
>>the result I get is all files published on the 20020710
>>
>>But, when I use the following in cocoon:
>>
>http://localhost:8080/cocoon/xmldb/extractsdb/?xpath=//Metadata/Property
>[@Form
>
>>alName='PublicationDate'][@Value='20020710']
>>the result I get is for all files in the collection.
>>
>>Does Cocoon's XMLDB transformer have problems with attributes?
>>

>No. But all proxies/web browsers/web servers/etc are really upset with
>your invalid URL. Please do encode at least all '=' characters properly.
>
>Here is URL to URL RFC for your convenience:
>http://www.w3.org/Addressing/rfc1738.txt
>(See chapter "2.2. URL Character Encoding Issues", paragraph "Unsafe:")
>

>Regards,
>Vadim
>

>>John

It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this e-mail by anyone else
is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please note that emails to, from and within RT� may be subject to the Freedom
of Information Act 1997 and may be liable to disclosure.