Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Federico Barbieri <sc...@betaversion.org> on 2001/02/23 12:29:39 UTC

avalon moved.

I just repopulate the jakarta cvs with org.apache.avalon.
I dind't include most of my cleaning so we can keep those in the cvs
history.
I'm going to fix a minor bug in the build asap... I have some problems
with dist and dist-full.

Status and proposal. Please vote or comment each...

the build build just one big jar including util with all the rest. I'd
like to have two jars, one for org.apache.avalon.util and one for the
patterns. This can't be done now becouse there is a loop dependency...
camelot needs util and utils need Pipe.
My proposal is to move Pipeline, DefaultPipeline, ProcessorPipeline,
ProcessorStage and Stage to the util.processor package.

org.apache.avalon.util.log: AvalonLogFormatter and DefaultLogManager
should go (IMO) with Loggable and Abstract Loggable in the avalon.log
package.

util.lang.ThreadManager is part of util.thread. Either it goes there or
util.thread goes into util lang. There is no reason for package
separation.

util.test, util.cli.test etc.: shouldn't those be in the testlet
package? Or if it's specific to test the kernel into phoenix?

avalon.service.Service: just a thought... shouldn't it be in
apache.avalon?

avalon.configuration: I like a separate package for conf related classes
but first we need to finalize the specs. Lot of discussion have took
place... my feeling is that we reach the "I like it" vs "I don't like
it" point where more talk is just a waste of time...
My guess is that we need a separate detailed votation but please add
your comments.

more to come....

Fede