Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/26 10:00:12 UTC

buildr standalone package

Hi,

I want to check buildr on several machines. Is there somewhere a package
containing all of buildr's required components so I can just extract it
(maybe set PATH) and start using it?

Thank you,
Ittay

Re: buildr standalone package

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.
I think it's /usr/local/ruby or something like that.  But you can check this
using the following one-liner.

ls -l `which ruby`

Should give you the specs for the symbolic link to the ruby binary, which
would be in the Ruby home.  Move up one dir level from that (out of bin/)
and you should have the full directory.

Daniel

Posted by Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.
gem install buildr

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>.
On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 1:00 AM, Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to check buildr on several machines. Is there somewhere a package
> containing all of buildr's required components so I can just extract it
> (maybe set PATH) and start using it?

Generally speaking gem install buildr should just work.  At least
that's the case if you're using Windows and a recent version of Ruby,
or JRuby.

On Linux, depending on the distribution, you might need a few more
dependencies installed, same if you're running OS X Tiger (and I
recommend updating RubyGems on Leopard).  We got three scripts to get
you started:
http://incubator.apache.org/buildr/scripts/

More documentation on what exactly they do in the getting started page:
http://incubator.apache.org/buildr/getting_started.html

Assaf

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
I think it would be fairly easy with JRuby.   You can install/run JRuby
anywhere on your system, update the gems, install buildr and rezip the
resulting installation.

alex