Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Artur Satarov <ar...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/18 21:52:14 UTC

using LDAP user storage

Hi, all.

I investigating James e-mail server in order to make a decision about
appropriateness of use it in our public internet project. I download and
install it. Run it with default configuration. It work fine.

Now I'm trying to tune up it to use LDAP as user storage. I'm using
http://james.apache.org/server/archive/usingLDAP_v1_2.html for
configuration. I add

<repository name="LocalUsers" class="
org.apache.james.userrepository.UsersLDAPRepository">
        <LDAPServer>ldap://10.10.10.143:389</LDAPServer>
        <LDAPRoot>dc=myorg,dc=com</LDAPRoot>
        <ThisServerRDN>ou=myorg</ThisServerRDN>
        <MailAddressAttribute>mail</MailAddressAttribute>
        <IdentityAttribute>uid</IdentityAttribute>
        <AuthenticationType>simple</AuthenticationType>
        <Principal>cn=admin,dc=myorg,dc=com</Principal>
        <Password>adminpassword</Password>
        <MembersAttribute>cn</MembersAttribute>
        <ManagePasswordAttribute>TRUE</ManagePasswordAttribute>
        <PasswordAttribute>userPassword</PasswordAttribute>
    </repository>

and comment default setting
      <!--
      <repository name="LocalUsers" class="
org.apache.james.userrepository.UsersFileRepository">
         <destination URL="file://var/users/"/>
      </repository>
    -->

but it's not working. There is an error while startup James.

org.apache.avalon.phoenix.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleException:
Component named "users-store" failed to pass through the Starting stage.
(Reason: org.apach
e.avalon.framework.context.ContextException: Unknown key: DEFAULT_DOMAIN).
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleHelper.fail(
LifecycleHelper.java:354)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleHelper.startup(
LifecycleHelper.java:226)

Is anybody know what this error mean?
How can I configure the James correctly for work with LDAP?
Where can I read about this or get some examples?

Thanks for advise. Artur.