Posted to dev@onami.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2012/12/01 00:11:26 UTC

Re: Which java version are we going to use?

since java version can be set, or overridden, in each module, I don't
see advantages on supporting, by default, a more recent JVM version
than the one Guice requires.

components have he freedom to override java version according to their needs.

or not? :)

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Posted by Daniel Manzke <da...@googlemail.com>.
ok, so let's go and take simos way. my aim was to start a discussion.
worked. ;)

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2012/12/1 Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 12:11 AM, Simone Tripodi
> <si...@apache.org> wrote:
>> since java version can be set, or overridden, in each module, I don't
>> see advantages on supporting, by default, a more recent JVM version
>> than the one Guice requires.
>
> Makes sense.

+1 too. each module can choice.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
<si...@apache.org> wrote:
> since java version can be set, or overridden, in each module, I don't
> see advantages on supporting, by default, a more recent JVM version
> than the one Guice requires.

Makes sense.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de