Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Lee Smith <le...@weblee.co.uk> on 2010/03/03 12:29:10 UTC

Error on startup

Hi All.

I have shutdown solr removed the index so I can start over then re-launched.

I am getting an error of

SEVERE: REFCOUNT ERROR: unreferenced org.apache.solr.SolrCore@14db38a4 (core1) has a reference count of 1

Any idea on what this is a result of ?

Hope you can advise.

Lee

Re: Error on startup

Posted by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com>.
If you shut down the server propertly it's weird that you get an error when
starting up again.
How did you delete the index? I was experiencing something similar long time
ago because I was removing the content from the index folder but not the
folder itself. The correct way to do it was to remove the index folder and
start up the server again (Solr creates the index folder if not present). I
don't know if this has currently changed