Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by charan kumar <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/04 07:24:03 UTC

Why Random Reads are much slower than the Writes

Hello,

  I am using Hbase 0.90.0 with hadoop-append. on a 30 m/c cluster (1950, 2
CPU, 6 G).

  Writes peak at 5000 per second. But Reads are only at 1000 QPS.  We hash
the key for even distribution across regions. Any
recommendations/suggestions?

Thanks,
Charan

Re: Why Random Reads are much slower than the Writes

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
Sequential writes vs random reads on disk are always faster. You want
caching. Lots of it :)