Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Honglin Li <ho...@huawei.com> on 2010/06/11 00:20:10 UTC

Solr Delta index questions

Hi, all,

Assuming my data is in a RDB, and I conduct a full index first, then a delta
index every couple of hours. I have the following questions:

* Once a delta index is generated, will it get merged with the full index?

* Do I still need to generate the full index once a while in order to
improve performance? Say, once a day.

 I am saying that a clean full index might be better than one full merged
with many delta index.

Thanks,

Honglin

***************
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is
intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any
use of the
information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to,
total or partial
disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the
intended recipient(s)
is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
by phone or
email immediately and delete it!
***************

Re: Solr Delta index questions

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
The delta import operation adds more records to the index, so the
index gets bigger.

Any index will be a little disorganized after the indexing pass. The
'optimize' operation collapses the "messy" index into a "clean" one.
You can try running an optimize once a day until you learn more about
operating a Solr instance.

Lance

--
Lance Norskog