Posted to users@rave.apache.org by JV <jv...@centrum.cz> on 2012/04/05 09:51:25 UTC

Apache Rave and PubSub - is it possible?

Is it possible use module pubsub in Apache Rave? I try to use demo widget, where is using "gadgets.pubsub.publish("random-number", message);", but it doesn't working.... In browser console message "Unknown RPC service: pubsub".

Exist in Apache Rave any way to Widget-to-Widget comunication?

RE: Apache Rave and PubSub - is it possible?

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

We have to make a couple of small changes so that OpenSocial gadget pub/sub will work.  I have a personal interest in making this work as well, so I will get this in trunk before the next release at the end of April.

-Matt

Re: Apache Rave and PubSub - is it possible?

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.
I have the pubsub2 [1] feature working for OpenSocial gadgets.  The
Shindig test gadgets for pub sub 2 are also now included in the rave
widget catalog.  This is all available in trunk and will be in the 0.11
release scheduled for mid May.

[1]:
http://opensocial-resources.googlecode.com/svn/spec/2.0.1/Core-Gadget.xml#i
nterGadgetEventing