Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Dan Syrstad <ds...@ener-j.org> on 2007/11/02 20:56:30 UTC

WICKET-606 Broken Again in beta4?

It appears that the issue http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-606
that was fixed in beta2 is broken again in beta4. Basically TextFields for
Strings (configured with the defaults) are always converting to empty
strings. They should convert to null by default based on the
AbstractTextComponent.getConvertEmptyInputStringToNull() setting, which is
true by default. All of my TextFields are now setting empty strings on their
Models where they used to set nulls.

Can anyone confirm this? Do we need to reopen the issue?

-Dan

Re: WICKET-606 Broken Again in beta4?

Posted by Dan Syrstad <ds...@ener-j.org>.
I am trying, unsuccessfully, to reproduce it right now in a small test case.
I will re-test with RC1 when it's available.
-Dan

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
If you see that it is broken, then please open the issue again. If it
is, before fixing we really need to create a test case for this so
that when we fix it, it stays fixed.

Eelco