Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Punzo, Frank J (HTSC, IT)" <Fr...@thehartford.com> on 2007/01/11 19:17:25 UTC

CreateCollection

I have Slide working on our Weblogic 8.1 environment. I have figured out
how to add users/roles and to grant access to resources. One question...
can someone recommend the best way to grant a role the ability to write
files in a directory... but deny the ability to create sub-directories
underneath it. I want to set up a structure for people (a taxonomy) and
allow them the ability to write files into it but don't want people
adding more directories. Is this possible?

--Frank

destroy all copies.

RE: CreateCollection

Posted by "Punzo, Frank J (HTSC, IT)" <Fr...@thehartford.com>.
Nice! Looks like I can grant write-content and deny bind. I'll give that a try. Thanks for the link that was really helpful.

--Frank

________________________________

 According to ACL webdav spec, it is possible. Checkout this link, in the
section <3.4.  DAV:write-content Privilege> versus <3.9.  DAV:bind
Privilege>:

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3744.txt

 Hope this helps,
 Miguel Figueiredo

RE: CreateCollection

Posted by Miguel Figueiredo <mf...@maisis.pt>.
Hello Frank,

 I've just confirmed your test scenario. I also believe this is a bug :|

Best Regards,
Miguel Figueiredo

RE: CreateCollection