Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by DU...@britbio.co.uk on 2001/04/02 20:29:17 UTC

RE: Security Constraints

Depends on what realm you are using. Assuming you are using the default
MemoryRealm, users are defined in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml
If you are using JDBCRealm then it is presumably assumed that there is an
existing mechanism to manage users/passwords for your database.
If you are usign another Realm, then the chances are you have written it
yourself, so should know the answer ;-)

Tim

DISCLAIMER: This message contains proprietary
information some or all of which may be
confidential and/or legally privileged. It is for
the intended recipient only who may use and apply
the information only for the intended purpose.
Internet communications are not secure and
therefore the British Biotech group does not
accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message. Any views or opinions presented are
only those of the author and not those of the
British Biotech group. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete this e-mail and notify the
author immediately by calling ++44 (0)1865 748747;
do not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or
rely on this e-mail.