Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by yun lee <yu...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/30 17:37:35 UTC

[GSOC]derby-dblook-authorization

Dag Wanvik:

I'm a student interested in the GSOC idea 'derby-dblook-authorization', you
can check my work on DERBY in my another letter 'Interested in GSOC' also in
the mailing list.

I have seen the subject just yesterday, and would love to apply for it. Have
you gotten a student on this subject yet? If not, could you please give some
introductory document on it? DERBY-3884 and DERBY-3954 just expose existing
problems on dblook about SQLAuthorization, but not provide the relative
background knowledge.  I also wish for your advice on the subject.

I'm sorry to contact you festinatedly, as the deadline for application is
coming closely, your help is very important for my proposal,:).

Thanks.

Yun

Re: [GSOC]derby-dblook-authorization

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
yun lee <yu...@gmail.com> writes:

I see I answered this one only to your personal address, I forgot to
Cc: the list. Sorry about that, Yun.

Please note that there is one other applicant for this project. You
can strengthen your candidacy by providing more detail in your
application on how you propose to do the work; ideas, plans, as well
as interacting with the community and helping us fix bugs :)

Good luck!

Thanks,
Dag