Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2003/01/06 17:15:08 UTC

Interface Types?

I've seen posts on this very topic somewhat recently, but there doesn't seem
to be any response.  Hopefully my question will make sense.  Here's how I'm
deploying my web service.  I have one interface and its corresponding
implementation class that I wish to expose via JAX-RPC.  I am not using
Wsdl2Java or Java2Wsdl currently.  Here's the skinny of what's going on...

Here are the classes involved (simplified for brevity/clarity of course)...

public interface MyService extends Remote
{
  public void myMethod( MyInterface i ) throws RemoteException;
}

public class MyServiceImpl implements MyService
{
  public void myMethod( MyInterface i )
  {
    // Do Nothing!
  }
}

public interface MyInterface extends Serializable
{

}

Here is my service definition in my server-config.wsdd file...

<service name="MyService" provider="java:RPC">
  <parameter name="scope" value="Application"/>
  <parameter name="className"
value="com.mycompany.myproject.MyServiceImpl"/>
</service>

On the client, I wish to use the ServiceFactory.getService( URL, QName )
method to obtain a service object for this service dynamically.  However, it
chokes on the interface type.  The WSDL file downloaded from my server via
the AxisServlet doesn't contain a definition of the MyInterface type, but it
references it.  Is there something I can put in the server-config.wsdd file
to tell Axis how to generate the WSDL file properly?  Also, there are
indirect references to other types (some of my beans have accesssor methods
that contain collection of other bean types).  How do I declare them
properly in the server-config.wsdd file?  Any help would be GREATLY
appreciated.  Thanx.

James Carman, President
Carman Consulting, Inc.
1218 Bob White Ct.
Edgewood, KY 41018
(513) 325-7977

Re: Interface Types?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
James,

Can you please log this as a bug/enhancement request in bugzilla
(http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla)

Thanks,
dims

=====