Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hari Om <ha...@hotmail.com> on 2003/05/05 21:38:40 UTC

[users@httpd] [OFF TOPIC] Oracle installation on IBM AIX

Hi,

I am using IBM AIX 5.1L and Oracle 9.2.0.1

I created 2 Volume Groups: "rootvg" and "oraclevg". I have created and
mounted "orasw1" on my "oraclevg".

I have a user named "oraown" whose home directory is have set as "/orasw1"
and when I try to INSTALL my Oracle on this disk, it says "No Permission To
Install".

Later when I did troubleshooting I found following attributes of "/orasoft":
#ls -l
drwxr-sr-x 3 sys sys 512 May 05 09:21 orasw1

Any suggestions as to how to INSTALL my Oracle on this "/orasoft"  Do I have
to have different settings on Volume Groups? I tried to change the owner and
group of /orasw1 to owner and oradba respectively - but in vain! I woould
appreciate if you could give any hints on the above error.

Thanks!

Re: [users@httpd] [OFF TOPIC] Oracle installation on IBM AIX

Posted by Ezra <ez...@acedsl.com>.
Hello Hari:

This is way off topic.  Why don't you go to an oracle user group or an
Aix/Oracle user group.