Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Carlos Ramirez <ra...@roses.bna.boeing.com> on 2000/10/23 22:13:09 UTC

Re: [REPOST] MyClass::import() not being called.

You can use PerlSetVar to set parameters like so:

PerlAccessHandler MyClass
PerlSetVar Param1
PerlSetVar Param2

in your handler (MyClass) you can call $r->dir_config('Param1') to get it's value;

-Carlos

Rodney Broom wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Did we forget me? (snif, snif...)
>
> I've got this happy little access handler that works just fine. I'm loading it
> like this:
>   PerlAccessHandler MyClass
>
> Now I need for it to accept parameters through import(). That would let me
> change the usage to something like this:
>   PerlAccessHandler MyClass 'extra parameters'
>
> The catch is that MyClass::import() isn't being called reguardless of how I load
> it. I've done all of the obvious stuff, like including lots of debugging
> messages in the package, reading the docs, reading the Apache modules book, and
> even searching the archives for this list, no help. Does anybody know what's
> happening here?
>
> ----
> Rodney Broom

Carlos Ramirez + Boeing + Reusable Space Systems + 714.372.4181
-- Don't make me use uppercase

Re: [REPOST] MyClass::import() not being called.

Posted by Rodney Broom <rb...@home.com>.
From: "Carlos Ramirez" <ra...@roses.bna.boeing.com>
CR> You can use PerlSetVar to set parameters like so:

CR> PerlAccessHandler MyClass
CR> PerlSetVar Param1
CR> PerlSetVar Param2

Yep, that's definately an effective work-around. My biggest concern is the fact
that import() doesn't seem to be getting called at all. That sounds broken to
me.

----
Rodney Broom