Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Gregor Martynus <gr...@martynus.net> on 2012/11/12 12:45:40 UTC

confused about database/_security groups

In the docs, two groups are mentioned that have a meaning in the _security object, "admins" and "readers":
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Security_Features_Overview#Authorization

But when I update the _security object using futon in CouchDB 1.2, a "members" group gets created, instead of "readers".

Is one of these deprecated? Are they interchangeable? Is there a reference of all possible settings for the _security object?

--
Gregor

Re: confused about database/_security groups

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Ah yes, the code suggests that readers is kept around for backwards compatibility.

Cheers
Jan

Posted by Gregor Martynus <gr...@martynus.net>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.