Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Arkaprabha Chakraborty <ch...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/06 09:12:17 UTC

Add username to session recording

How to add a username to session recording? Like if one user uses a
connection.. How do I add that username to the recording name ?

R: Add username to session recording

Posted by MAURIZI Lorenzo <l....@comune.jesi.an.it>.
Hi,
in the “recording name” field in the connection configuration you can use parameter tokens.

For example you can use this format
MachineName-${GUAC_USERNAME}-${GUAC_DATE}-${GUAC_TIME}

The parameter tokens are identified by the ${} syntax, the “machinename” should be put statically, I did not find a placeholder for this.
With this format you can put the username, date and time of connection to the recording name.

Please check documentation for all tokens available:
https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#parameter-tokens

Regards.
Lorenzo