Posted to announce@apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2004/12/07 13:56:37 UTC

[ANN] Maven 1.0.2 Released

The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the Maven 1.0.2 release!

We recommend that all users upgrade to this release, in particular those
using pre-1.0 betas or release candidates.

http://maven.apache.org/start/download.html

Fixed bugs:
o Ensure that default properties (such as maven.repo.remote) are
correctly overidden when inherited from a parent. Issue: MAVEN-1501.
o Allow SNAPSHOT as a version override. Issue: MAVEN-1511.
o Prevent "Response Content Length not known" warning. Issue: MAVEN-1428.
o Fail on 403 HTTP response to dependency download.  Issue: MAVEN-1502.
o Now works on IBM JDK 1.3. Issue: MAVEN-1507.
o Don't download a dependency if there is a JAR override for it. Issue:
MAVEN-1518. Thanks to Hardy Ferentschik.
o Works with JDK 1.5 without additional configuration.

-The Apache Maven team

Re: [ANN] Maven 1.0.2 Released

Posted by John Taylor <jd...@roe.ac.uk>.
My initial tests suggest that the multiproject/property inheritance problem
that has given me such headaches for 6 months has indeed been fixed.  This
is going to make my life *so* much easier.  Thanks guys - we really
appreciate your efforts,

John

=====================================
John Taylor
Astrogrid Java Developer
http://www.astrogrid.org/maven/docs/HEAD/
Royal Observatory of Edinburgh
http://www.roe.ac.uk/ifa/about/directory.html
+44 (0) 131 668 8329
skype id: johndavidtaylor
=====================================

RE: 1.0.2 startup slow

Posted by Charles Daniels <cj...@yahoo.com>.
Same here.  Unpacking plugin jars every time.  Startup time for me is
consistently 16 seconds.

Re: 1.0.2 startup slow

Posted by Joe Shomphe <js...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I am seeing the same thing here.

Every time maven runs, it seems to be unpacking its jars to my local
repo every time.

I have tried removing my ~/.maven directory, but that didnt seem to work.

Output from maven -X:

Unpacking maven-announcement-plugin-1.3.jar to directory -->
C:\Documents and
Settings\joes\.maven\cache\maven-announcement-plugin-1.3
Invalidating plugin maven-announcement-plugin-1.3
removing dynataglib cache entry for uri announcement
removing goal and plugin cache entry for goal announcement:generate
removing goal and plugin cache entry for goal announcement:generate-all
removing goal and plugin cache entry for goal announcement:mail
removing goal and plugin cache entry for goal announcement:init
removing goal and plugin cache entry for goal announcement:check-version

RE: 1.0.2 startup slow

Posted by Chad Brandon <ch...@yahoo.com>.
Yep!  That was it...I just ran it this morning and all was fine :)  I missed
the "PM" for the 10 when I looked at the timestamp yesterday of the plugins
within maven-1.0.2/plugins. Sorry about that, that would have answered the
question yesterday when you asked me to compare the timestamps!

Chad

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.0.2 startup slow

Posted by Leif Nelson <ln...@llnl.gov>.