Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2003/10/08 19:17:52 UTC

XMLBeans Speed

	I'm looking at using XMLBeans for Apache Geronimo for reading
XML deployment descriptors.  Last time I tried the BEA version, I couldn't
quite get it to work, but now using the "v1" Apache code I've gotten it
running.

	The problem is, it takes about 2 seconds to read a 50-line XML
file.  The schema is quite complex (it's the J2EE schema, split across 5
or 6 xsd files), but we're using beans created ahead of time with the
SchemaCompiler and the input file is simple.  The delay doesn't seem to be
related to looking things up on the network (delay is the same when I set
an EntityResolver and/or disable networking on the box).

	When I write out the same file, it goes in about 50ms, so it's
just reading that is the problem.

	Any guidance would be appreciated.

	Also, we'll need a release of the Apache version to be available
to maven in order to fully integrate XMLBeans into the Geronimo build.  I
gather you're working on that already, but if not, please do.  :)

Thanks,
	Aaron

(generated schema file with the SchemaCompiler)
InputStream in = new BufferedInputStream(...);
EjbJarDocument doc = EjbJarDocument.Factory.parse(in);
Writer out = new PrintWriter(..., true);
doc.save(out);