Posted to user@hive.apache.org by agateaaa <ag...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/29 19:57:57 UTC

Re: Hive Metastore Server 0.9 Connection Reset and Connection Timeout errors

Hi All:

Put some debugging code in TUGIContainingTransport.getTransport() and I
tracked it down to

@Override
public TUGIContainingTransport getTransport(TTransport trans) {

// UGI information is not available at connection setup time, it will be
set later
// via set_ugi() rpc.
transMap.putIfAbsent(trans, new TUGIContainingTransport(trans));

//return transMap.get(trans); <-change
          TUGIContainingTransport retTrans = transMap.get(trans);

          if ( retTrans == null ) {

}

Posted by agateaaa <ag...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ashutosh.

Filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-5172

Posted by agateaaa <ag...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ashutosh.

Posted by agateaaa <ag...@gmail.com>.
Uploaded a patch for HiVE-5172. Can someone please review?

Do I have to be a contributor before I submit a patch?

Did run about test with the patch in our test environment (Ran about 1000
pig jobs to read and insert into hive table (via hcatalog), along with
equal number of alter table statements)  for the past 4 days and haven't
seen any error on the client or the server.

Posted by agateaaa <ag...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ashutosh.

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.