Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jochen Zink <jo...@web.de> on 2007/07/18 15:14:59 UTC

[Axis2] ConcurrentModificationException on Statefull WebService

Hello,

I'm using Axis2 1.1.1 with WS-Addressing module engaged.

I have a statefull Webservice (scope="sopasession") which receives binary Documents from clients.

At the moment I try to build a stress test with JMeter. 100 clients are calling the service. Some calls fails with the following message:
ERROR [AxisServlet] java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

There is no StackTrace or ErrorMessage included. I figured out, that this Exception is cached on line 285 of AxisServlet class. But I don't know where the problem is. I'm pretty sure, that this Exception does not come from my ServiceClass. I surround every javaCode with try {...} catch(Exception e) and inside the ServiceClass is nothing which can be accessed from different threads. No static content or something else.

I figured out, that the problem mostly happened, after axis destroys a service instance (or a couple of service instances)

1. Service clients calls the service
2. The configured timeout of service lifetime runs out, for some clients
3. Another(!) clients calls the service. -> ConcurrentModificationException

Only in Stress Situations (ca 100 clients) some ServiceCalls end up with a ConcurrentModificationException happens.

Is there any problem known?

I just find two JIRA entry's, but I'm not sure if these entries pointing to my problem:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2662
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-1053

Thanks a lot!

Re: [Axis2] ConcurrentModificationException on Statefull WebService

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.
Dims,

yes, you worked around JIRA 1053 (see the comments on the bug page), but
that problem was on the client side -- this is on the server side.

Michele

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Jochen,