Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/03/05 15:27:35 UTC

Documentation on the website

I sent the following not from a different computer, and accidently used the
wrong account to send with.  So I am wondering if it ever made it to the
list.

The documentation is conspicuously missing all the documentation covering the
creation and management of Components.  The issue is that the current documentation
is better than none.  We need to add that documentation so that newcommers have
something to work with.

I think this is an important enough issue that we need to take care of it ASAP.
I mean, there is a lot of documentation that has been written that is not presented
on the site.  It will avert questions as to who is responsible for what in the
framework design.

Re: Documentation on the website

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 09:27  5/3/01 -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>I sent the following not from a different computer, and accidently used the
>wrong account to send with.  So I am wondering if it ever made it to the
>list.

It was moderated on - I was wondering who it was though ;)

>I think this is an important enough issue that we need to take care of it
ASAP.
>I mean, there is a lot of documentation that has been written that is not
presented
>on the site.  It will avert questions as to who is responsible for what in
the
>framework design.

The documentation is up at http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon.new

It should be mostly correct except for the absolute links between each
different book (ie phoenix points to
http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/phoenix rather than
http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon.new/phoenix).

If someone else can go through an error check it I will just rename
directory. I just haven't had motivation/chance to do that yet ;)

Cheers,

Pete