Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jon H <ho...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/16 21:56:10 UTC

Unsupported content Simple Type List

Hey,

I'm using 1.4.1 and am trying to use wsdl2java and get the following error.

Caused by: org.apache.axis2.schema.SchemaCompilationException:
Unsupported content Simple Type List in
{http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types}FreeBusyViewType
!

The command I was using is wsdl2java -d adb -uri Services.wsdl

After some googling I see a note on
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/archived_news.html from 2006 stating

"Axis Data Binding (ADB) does not cover all of the XML Schema; its an
80-20 design point. Unsupported XML Schema features include:

   1. Simple content extension and restriction
   2. Complex content restriction"

But from other searches it seems like this should now be supported in 1.4.1.

Anyone have any pointers?  If it matters I'm trying to connect to MS
Exchange 2007 Web Services.

Cheers,

Jon

Re: Unsupported content Simple Type List

Posted by Jon H <ho...@gmail.com>.
> wont resolve as long as
> http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange site is either down or misconfigured
>
> Do you or MS have another url which contains as schema which is 'reachable'

Ah, crap, stupid error.  I had previously been using 1.1.1 for another
project and forgot to update my AXIS2_HOME to point to 1.4.1 so even
though I was running the 1.4.1 wsdl2java it was using 1.1.1.  Don't I
feel silly..

I'm getting the following error now, looks like this is a known issue
with the MS wsdl as noted in
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2027791&SiteID=17,
I'll see if I can figure it out.

Thanks

Jon

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException: Error parsing
WSDL
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerationEngine.java:153)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:35)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:24)
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: No service was not found in the
WSDL at file:/C:/axis2-1.4.1/bin/Services.wsdl with ta
rgetnamespace http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/messages
        at org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.populateAllServices(WSDL11ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.jav
a:115)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerationEngine.java:147)
        ... 2 more

RE: Unsupported content Simple Type List

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Jon-

wont resolve as long as
http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange site is either down or misconfigured

Do you or MS have another url which contains as schema which is 'reachable'

?
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note