Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by jinrongtong <ji...@apache.org> on 2020/12/10 11:02:47 UTC

[VOTE]Release Apache RocketMQ 4.8.0 RC1

Hello RocketMQ Community,

This is the vote for 4.8.0 of Apache RocketMQ.

This release has made a lot of optimizations to the DLedger mode, including supporting batch messages, optimizing replication to improve performance, and fixing important bugs. This release made some enhancements, such as adding a query message trace command, using CopyOnWriteArrayList to avoid possible thread safety issues. Finally, this release optimized a large number of documents and code style.

The artifacts:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/rocketmq/4.8.0-rc1/

The staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacherocketmq-1049

Git tag for the release:
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq/tree/release-4.8.0

Hash for the release tag:
39bb9386f10d5d8dfe81183c172a3a86f6d313bd

Release Notes:
https://rocketmq.apache.org/release_notes/release-notes-4.8.0/

The artifacts have been signed with Key
EC9F268B4C20590138B11FE701420E4292296EAE, which can be found in the keys file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/rocketmq/KEYS

Checklist for reference,
Note that this is not an official policy but may help with checking releases.
Fill in the following:

[]  Checksums and PGP signatures are valid for Source package.
[]  Checksums and PGP signatures are valid for Binary package.
[]  Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.
[]  Binary artifacts have correct names matching the current release.
[]  License and Notice are correct in source package.
[]  License and Notice are correct in binary package.
[]  All files have license headers in source package if necessary.
[]  No compiled archives bundled in source archive.
[]  Hash and Tag in GitHub repo is matching the current artifacts.
[]  The code can be built success in the source package.
[]  Start nameserver and broker according to the quick-start
[]  Run clusterList command to see if the version is correct

And any other check point is welcomed and please feel free to reply to this email, we sincerely hope to your feedback.
The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
The Apache RocketMQ Team

Re: [VOTE]Release Apache RocketMQ 4.8.0 RC1

Posted by zhang xu <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

checked
[OK]  Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.
[OK]  Start nameserver and broker according to the quick-start
[OK]  License and Notice are correct in source package.
[OK]  All files have license headers in source package if necessary.
[OK]  The code can be built success in the source package.
[OK]  Run clusterList command to see if the version is correct

jinrongtong <ji...@apache.org> 于2020年12月10日周四 下午7:03写道:

回复: [VOTE]Release Apache RocketMQ 4.8.0 RC1

Posted by 胡 宗棠 <zo...@hotmail.com>.
+1 So many nice and good features,
checked:
[OK ]  Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.
[OK ]  License and Notice are correct in source package.
[OK ]  All files have license headers in source package if necessary.
[OK]  Hash and Tag in GitHub repo is matching the current artifacts.

________________________________
[OK ]  Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.
[OK ]  License and Notice are correct in source package.
[OK ]  All files have license headers in source package if necessary.
[OK]  Hash and Tag in GitHub repo is matching the current artifacts.

On 12/16/2020 19:26,Rongtong Jin<ji...@mails.ucas.ac.cn> wrote:
+1

I checked:

&quot;jinrongtong&quot; &lt;jinrongtong@apache.org&gt;写道:

Posted by heng du <du...@apache.org>.
+1

I have checked:
[ok]  Start nameserver and broker according to the quick-start
[ok]  Run clusterList command to see if the version is correct
[ok]  Checksums and PGP signatures are valid for Source package.
[ok]  Checksums and PGP signatures are valid for Binary package.
[ok]  Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.
[ok]  Binary artifacts have correct names matching the current release.
[ok]  License and Notice are correct in source package.
[ok]  License and Notice are correct in binary package.

tiger lee <ti...@apache.org> 于2020年12月18日周五 下午9:18写道:

Posted by tiger lee <ti...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Rongtong Jin <ji...@mails.ucas.ac.cn>.