Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by vladan <vl...@EUnet.yu> on 2006/01/18 12:21:59 UTC

versionControlMethod

Hi everyone,

I am using Slide2.1 (binary version) and Tomcat 5.0.28 in production. Slide is configured with
org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.JDBCStore nodestore  (mySql 4.1) and with
org.apache.slide.store.txfile.TxFileContentStore as contenstore.

Production server has about than 40Gb data with more than 10000 files.

Performance is acceptable for all operation except versionControlMethod. This operation always takes more than 12 sec.

I captured SQL strings generated for this operation, and  I found so much SQL commands.

For example, operation such as
        2 Query       delete c from BINDING c, URI u where c.URI_ID = u.URI_ID and u.URI_STRING = '/history'
        2 Query       delete c from PARENT_BINDING c, URI u where c.URI_ID = u.URI_ID and u.URI_STRING = '/history'

        2 Query       insert into BINDING (URI_ID, NAME, CHILD_UURI_ID) select 34, '1', URI_ID from URI where URI_STRING = '/history/1'
every time delete all records which represent versions and insert it again....etc. For more than 10000 files (all are under version control),
it must to take lot of time.

Is anyone have the same problem ?

Thanks for reading and you help
Vladan