Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ramesh Nadupalli <na...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/14 15:11:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Restricting access based on an access file

Hello,

I have integrated apache web server with our internal LDAP and I have
requirement to provision role based access to the folders in the docroot. I
have earlier used SVN and we were using AuthzSVNAccessFile to meet this
requirement. Contents of the file will look like this.

{code}

[groups]

users = usera

admins = usera, userb

[/]

users = r

[/folderA]

admins= r

{code}

I am looking for something similar with the apache directives, is it
possible? if not, can you please give us an alternate?

I have tried "Require ", it doesn’t solve our requirement. I am stumped
with all my options, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ramesh