Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jaco <jd...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/06 17:32:04 UTC

Preferred Tomcat version on Windows 2003 (64 bits)

Hello,

I am planning a brand new environment for Solr running on a Windows 2003
Server 64 bits platform. I want to use Tomcat, and was wondering whether
there is any preference in general for using Tomcat 5.5 or Tomcat 6.0 with
Solr.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks, bye,

Jaco.

Re: Preferred Tomcat version on Windows 2003 (64 bits)

Posted by William Pierce <ev...@hotmail.com>.
I am using tomcat 6.0.14 without any problems on windows 2003 R2 server.   I
am also using the 1.3 patch (using the nightly build of 10/23) for
master-slave replication... That's been working great!

-- Bill

Re: Solr for large volume data processing with minimal full-text serach

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
If you need anything close to realtime (~ few seconds) hadoop and its
ilk is not a choice. Solr is fine. But be prepared to dedicate a lot
of hardware for that

--
--Noble Paul

Solr for large volume data processing with minimal full-text serach

> [...]

> for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
> please
> notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you
> are not
> to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
> person and
> any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has
> taken
> every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for
> any damage
> you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry
> out your
> own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves
> the
> right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Solr Multicore ...

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
> please
> notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you
> are not
> to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
> person and
> any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has
> taken
> every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for
> any damage
> you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry
> out your
> own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves
> the
> right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

RE: Solr Multicore ...

Posted by souravm <SO...@infosys.com>.
Hi Guys,

[...]

4. Flexibility - Log file formats from different applications would be different. Also for the same application log file formats can vary. However, the log files would be in xml and if a new type has to be supported then the schema for the same would be known before hand.

RE: Solr Multicore ...

Posted by souravm <SO...@infosys.com>.
Thanks Noble for your answer.

Regards,
Sourav

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 3:28 AM, souravm <SO...@infosys.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can I use multi core feature to have multiple indexes (That is each core would take care of one type of index) within a single Solar instance ?
Yes .And this is why it is conceived

> Will there be any performance impact due to this type of setup ?
no.

> Regards,
> Sourav

> Infosys e-mail system.

--Noble Paul

Solr Multicore ...

RE: Distributed Search ...

Posted by souravm <SO...@infosys.com>.
Thanks Otis for clarification.

Sourav

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Sourav,

Distributed Search ...

Posted by Jaco <jd...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the fast reply!

I've tested SOLR-561, and it is working beautifully! Excellent
functionality.

Cheers,

Jaco.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.