Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2008/08/10 00:17:08 UTC

[ANN] Maven Invoker Plugin 1.2.1 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven Invoker
Plugin, version 1.2.1

This plugin is used to run a set of Maven projects. The plugin can
determine whether each project execution is successful, and optionally
can verify the output generated from a given project execution.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-invoker-plugin/

You can run mvn -up to get the latest version of the plugin, or specify
the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-invoker-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.2.1</version>
</plugin>

Release Notes - Maven 2.x Invoker Plugin - Version 1.2.1

** Bug
     * [MINVOKER-39] - Spaces are incorrectly handled on command line
     * [MINVOKER-40] - Parent POMs are missing in IT repo
     * [MINVOKER-41] - NullPointerException in InvokerMojo::runBuild in
case the mvn executable is not at the expected location
     * [MINVOKER-43] - Sync repository identifier of custom IT repo with
identifier of real local repository
     * [MINVOKER-44] - cloneProjectsTo fails to copy projects with the
same prefix
     * [MINVOKER-45] - External properties file is ignored if parameter
testProperties is not defined

** Improvement
     * [MINVOKER-42] - Incorrect message "See ...build.log for details'
when noLog is specified

Enjoy,

-The Maven team

Re: Default repository question

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
These can sometimes be introduced by dependencies (though some of
these strangely seem to come from plugins that shouldn't be
introduced).

Using Archiva will help - you can have your Maven install locked to
using that no matter what repositories are encountered, and then use
the proxying combined with white/blacklists to control what comes from
which remote repository.

Cheers,
Brett

2008/8/11 Matt Milliss <ma...@gmail.com>:
> This question is really just highlighting my ignorance of how maven works
> but I've been unable to find this documented anywhere. The problem I'm
> having is mavens use of repositories, I know maven by default uses the
> central repo at http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 when locating artifacts, I
> also have 3 more repositories defined in my settings.xml, these are
> http://download.java.net/maven/2,  http://download.java.net/maven/1 and
> http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/. As far as I understand these are
> the only repositories my installation should be using but what I find is
> there are others that I haven't defined that are being used, for example
> http://www.jfrog.org/artifactory/plugins-releases@repo,
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository,
> http://repository.codehaus.org and
> http://commons.ucalgary.ca/pub/m2-snapshots. Where do these repositories
> come from if I haven't defined them anywhere in my maven installation? One
> of the reasons I'd like to know is I'm setting up Archiva to proxy these
> external repositories and was surprised to find these extra un-defined
> repositories in use.
>
> Cheers
> Matt

Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Re: Default repository question

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Matt Milliss <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I understand these are
> the only repositories my installation should be using but what I find is
> there are others that I haven't defined that are being used
> Where do these repositories
> come from if I haven't defined them anywhere in my maven installation?

Unfortunately, your dependencies can introduce repositories to your
build.  The way to stop it is to use <mirrors> in settings.xml,
specifically the <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf> element.

See:  http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html

(Then if you have questions about configuring Archiva, please ask on
its separate user list.  http://archiva.apache.org/mail-lists.html )

--
Wendy

Default repository question