Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/22 04:53:30 UTC

Tracking Issues, Versions

Dear all,

Some of you might noticed that I spent some time digging JIRA up and
down during the last few days.

I try to identify those issues which we really need to solve before 9.0
release. Right now it is hard to say. We are working with two version
field at the moment: Affects version(s) and Fix Version(s).

 1. Affects Versions: is quite straight forward: It is used to define
    the version where the issue is found. For me it is not necessary the
    version it shall be fixed.
 2. Fix Versions: It can be set when an issue is resolved, marking the
    version where the fix for the issue would be delivered.
 3. There is no clear field which would specify if an issue shall be in
    a specific release. Well, I know this is not really agile, but we
    are still kind of waterfall, having infrequent major releases.

To see my problem, check: NETBEANS-656 Help is Broken (Offline and
On-line) <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-656>

Affect Versions: 9.0 (well, yes we do not deliver JavaHelp)

Fix Version: Though there is an improvement PR applied from Geertjan, I
still can't say it is fixed in 9.0. I set it to Next, though the issue
is still unresolved and I do not feel myself comfortable with that
setting either.

We can haggle on the Priority of the issue. It does not really affects
me, but if we really would like to provide a decent IDE we might need to
come up with a JavaHelp replacement. So critical would be fine for me
either. Still this issue would not be delivered in NB 9.0.

I'd propose label those issues which we would really like to deliver in
9.0 with "NB9.0", though I'm open any other clarifications/suggestions
etc. So let's discuss this!

Re: Tracking Issues, Versions

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.
I thought Jiri had marked some issues as blockers for 9.0 as part of netcat.

 Laszlo to get those permissions you need to raise an INFRA ticket.

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi,

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Well, it seems there no too many option here.

I'm walking through the open issues with PR-s now. I'm going to mark
their Fix Version to 9.0 if I think that shall be part of that release.

BTW Could someone grant me some rights in JIRA to share my dashboard:

http://telegra.ph/NetBeans-Issue-Overview-04-26 (screenshot)

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.