Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Egor Malyshev <eg...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/07 17:36:44 UTC

Table Width Problem -- Expands Beyond the Page, Column Widths Are Ignored

Somebody please help me. I am stuck with this problem -- FOP 0.95 renders
table that expands beyond the rightmost edge of the page. And, to make life
even more miserable, it completely ignores the column widths I am
specifying.

Here's the xsl:fo code I am using:

<fo:table table-layout="fixed" border-collapse="collapse">
<fo:table-column column-width="120mm" column-number="1"/>
<fo:table-column column-width="120mm" column-number="2"/>
<fo:table-header>
<fo:table-row background-color="silver" margin-bottom="2pt">
 <fo:table-cell padding="5pt">
    <fo:block-container overflow="hidden" width="120">
       <fo:block-container>
	  <fo:block font-weight="bold" color="white">Icon</fo:block>
       </fo:block-container>
    </fo:block-container>
 </fo:table-cell>
 <fo:table-cell padding="5pt">
    <fo:block-container overflow="hidden" width="120">
       <fo:block-container >
	  <fo:block font-weight="bold" color="white">Description</fo:block>
       </fo:block-container>
    </fo:block-container>
 </fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
</fo:table-header>
<fo:table-body>
<fo:table-row background-color="white">
 <fo:table-cell padding="5pt">
    <fo:block-container overflow="hidden" width="120">
       <fo:block-container>
	  <fo:block>
	     <fo:external-graphic
		src="images/uiStatusBackground.png"/>
	  </fo:block>
       </fo:block-container>
    </fo:block-container>
 </fo:table-cell>
 <fo:table-cell padding="5pt">
    <fo:block-container overflow="hidden" width="120">
       <fo:block-container >
	  <fo:block>Click this icon to invoke the Background Tasks
manager.</fo:block>
       </fo:block-container>
    </fo:block-container>
 </fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
</fo:table-body>
</fo:table>

And here's the sample that it produces:

http://www.nabble.com/file/p22931862/renderSample.png

Any suggestions are very very very highly appreciated, because I've spent
sooooo many time digging w3c specs, and googling trying to figure out what's
wrong with it, that I feel like it's what I've been doing this all my life
to this exact moment.

Re: Table Width Problem -- Expands Beyond the Page, Column Widths Are Ignored

Posted by Egor Malyshev <eg...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I have enough room on paper, it should fit on a portrait A4, there's
about 260mm of space.

I was wondering why the column widths are wrong -- thanks a lot for pointing
out I was missing the unit qualifier.

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On 07 Apr 2009, at 17:36, Egor Malyshev wrote:

Hi

> Somebody please help me. I am stuck with this problem -- FOP 0.95
> renders
> table that expands beyond the rightmost edge of the page. And, to
> make life
> even more miserable, it completely ignores the column widths I am
> specifying.

<snip />