Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Ramaswamy, Muthu" <mr...@gers.com> on 2006/03/16 21:23:05 UTC

[Chain] CatalogFactoryBase Question.

Hi All-

I am new to Chain; any input would help.

The CatalogFactoryBase is using its own HashMap to stack/store the processed Catalog. In my case, I wish to stack those Catalog in my own Cache. We are using JBoss Tree-Cache. If I want to push those catalog to JBoss Tree-Cache, how can this be done? Do I have to write my own CatalaogFactoryBase to push it to Cache or write my own Digester Rules, process Catalog and push it to Cache without the use of CatalogFactory?

Does Chain already support the above requirements? If yes, how? Appreciate your input.

Thank you.

-Muthu Ramaswamy

Fwd: [Chain] CatalogFactoryBase Question.

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 3/16/06, Ramaswamy, Muthu <mr...@gers.com> wrote:

> Hi All-
>
> I am new to Chain; any input would help.
>
> The CatalogFactoryBase is using its own HashMap to stack/store the
> processed Catalog. In my case, I wish to stack those Catalog in my own
> Cache. We are using JBoss Tree-Cache. If I want to push those catalog to
> JBoss Tree-Cache, how can this be done? Do I have to write my own
> CatalaogFactoryBase to push it to Cache or write my own Digester Rules,
> process Catalog and push it to Cache without the use of CatalogFactory?
>
> Does Chain already support the above requirements? If yes, how? Appreciate
> your input.

To do what you want, you're going to need to implement your own
CatalogFactory instance, instead of using the default one.  There is not
currently a clean mechanism to configure such a beast (but it makes sense to
want such a capability) ... could you please file an RFE issue in the issue
tracking system?

  http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/

Thank you.

> -Muthu Ramaswamy