Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2015/08/24 23:06:27 UTC

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.5.0

I just updated the version number to 0.5.0.  Hopefully I didn’t miss any
places.  Give it a try and let us know if you find a problem.

-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 9/4/15, 9:13 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Or this file - seems to be a phone coverage map?
>./images/support_map.png

This came from Adobe.  I think I will just replace it.  But that brings up
another question:

Om, for the US map coordinates, where did they come from and under what
license?

-Alex

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.5.0

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I suspect none of those are sources if the source package didn’t show any Rat issues.

There a couple of minor issues great reported in the source but nothing IMO worth worrying about. With the binary the noise marks it hard to check everything.

I do find it a little odd that this JS source code isn’t in the source release and only in the binary convenience release, even if that JS is generated.

>  I would also suspect running Rat on most ASF binary packages would turn up unknown licenses.

A lot less than you would think based my reviews of (many) releases in the incubator.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.5.0

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 9/5/15, 12:47 AM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>HI,
>
>> Yes, AFAICT.  Rat should have picked up missing headers from the
>>sources.
>
>It does in the binary "963 Unknown Licenses” :-(

I suspect none of those are sources if the source package didn’t show any
Rat issues.  I would also suspect running Rat on most ASF binary packages
would turn up unknown licenses.  I didn’t know Rat was intended to check
binary packages.

>> This topic did make we wonder if we should add a line to each generated
>> file with something like:
>>
>> “Generated by Apache Flex FalconJX Compiler”
>
>IMO probably best to ask on legal discuss? The answer is unclear to me.

I will ask there.

-Alex

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.5.0

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 9/4/15, 10:43 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@me.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> Everything in js/out folders are generated.  Do they need headers or
>>some
>> other marking?
>
>I would assume so, but haven’t seen it stated anywhere to do so or not do
>so. However only exceptions I know of are javadocs and files without
>creativity. [1] The advice is if in doubt add one.

Where is the javadoc exception described?  I think these .js files are
more like javadoc output.

-Alex

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.5.0

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

1. http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#faq-exceptions

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.5.0

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Awesome!  Thanks for digging through it.  One question (see below)

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 4:18 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 9/8/15, 3:17 PM, "omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of OmPrakash Muppirala"
> <omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Again, I could certainly be wrong, but my understanding of the rules is
> >> that an Apache project can’t publish a file of coordinates that isn’t an
> >> exact copy of the original .svg file if the file is CC-BY-SA.
> >>
> >This is the user[1] who uploaded the original version [2]
> >His email id is listed in his bio page; perhaps we can contact him to
> >re-license it to us?
>
> Possible.  I also found [3].  Can you use data from there?

That path data is good, but they are not annotated by state name/code.  The
labels you see in the svg are actually paths themselves :-(
Would be a huge pain to make it useful for programmatic access of states.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 12:15 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> I found that the map data in [1] was organized by states enough to copy
> portions of it and replace the map data.  I pushed new packages.

Thanks for patiently going through that file!

> So, other than one more change to the List class that Peter is looking
> into, I think we are good to open the discuss thread early next week, but
> it sure would make me feel better if I knew folks had poked at these
> packages a bit already.

I am hoping to find some time over this weekend.  I am digging into Chris's
mobile packaging issue with Flexmojos 7.1.0 first.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Wapcaplet
[2]  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Map_of_USA_with_state_names.svg

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

[...]

- MIT licensed js/lib/google/closure-library/third_party/closure/goog/mochikit/async/deferred.js and js/lib/google/closure-library/third_party/closure/goog/mochikit/async/deferredlist.js

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep
2. https://github.com/google/closure-library/

Re: [LAST CALL] Release FlexJS/FalconJX 0.5.0

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
Execute bits are correct!

- Josh

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Use the installer to get the nightly build. My thought was most folks would install flexjs then try to figure out how to hack framework code.

I also recently added an "all" target such that if you have cloned flex-asjs it will clone and build the other repos.

Sent from my LG G3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.