Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Andrew Clark <an...@ppp1.com> on 1998/11/21 13:42:38 UTC

general/3437: Interprets method incorrectly.

>Number:         3437
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Interprets method incorrectly.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The method is not being interpreted correctly.  When I ask for
'PUT' /foo.html http/1.0' it seems to ignore the method by always using 'GET'.
 However when the filename doesn't contain a period, it is used correctly.  For
example, I am able to retreive a document using 'GEE /index.html http/1.0'.
 When I try a 'PUT /foo http/1.0' it creates the file 'foo'.
>How-To-Repeat:
23 veger />telnet veger.ppp1.com 80
Trying 207.211.163.141...
Connected to veger.
Escape character is '^]'.
PUT /foo.html http/1.0

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 12:32:23 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.3 (Unix) PHP/3.0.5
Connection: close

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Not Found</H1>
The requested URL /foo.html was not found on this server.<P>
</BODY></HTML>
Connection closed by foreign host.
24 veger />telnet veger.ppp1.com 80
Trying 207.211.163.141...
Connected to veger.
Escape character is '^]'.
PUT /foo http/1.0

HTTP/1.1 200 Request fullfilled, but you should provide a date in your request...
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 12:32:37 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.3 (Unix) PHP/3.0.5
Connection: close

Doh! The server had a problem"Connection closed by foreign host.
25 veger />telnet veger.ppp1.com 80
Trying 207.211.163.141...
Connected to veger.
Escape character is '^]'.