Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Tang, Rebecca" <Re...@ucsf.edu> on 2014/10/10 01:31:14 UTC

Is it possible to replicate just the solrconfig.xml file

I have a master-slave set up.  Most of the times when I replicate, I want to replicate the index as well as some of the config files like schema.xml, solrconfig.xml, etc.
I have this set up and it works well.

But sometimes, I make a small tweak to solrconfig.xml and deploy it to the master.  After I test it, I want to just replicate the solrconfig.xml over to slave and nothing else.  Is it possible to do this?

Thanks,
Rebecca Tang
Applications Developer, UCSF CKM
Legacy Tobacco Document Library<legacy.library.ucsf.edu/>
E: rebecca.tang@ucsf.edu

Re: Is it possible to replicate just the solrconfig.xml file

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You can set up a config files section of in solrconfig on the master,
something like:
<str name="confFiles">schema.xml,stopwords.txt</str>

I'm not totally sure whether this only replicates the files if they've
changed, but even if not it's not that much network traffic that I'd
worry about.

bq: ... schema.xml, solrconfig.xml, etc. I have this set up and it works well...

OK, how is this set up? With the confFiles as above? If so, what
evidence do you have that this doesn't do exactly what you want, i.e.
just replicate the changed files?

Best,
Erick