Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by david Beer <da...@btinternet.com> on 2008/01/25 18:29:34 UTC

Using Preview Panel

Hi All

I developing a small apllication which will use FOP to transform and xml
file to PDF. That part is fine but it would be nice if I can show the user a
preview first using the PreviewPanel.

I have tried to get this to dispaly in a simple fram but am not sure how I
get my transformed document into the PreviewPanel. I mean how do I set up
the mime typ and get the right type of preview in the panel.

I have looked at the PreviewDialog and that doesn't really help me in
working out how I should process my document with FOP and then display it.

Thanks in advanced.

David

Re: Using Preview Panel

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
A link is listed here: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.94/graphics.html#jimi

On 28.01.2008 14:48:04 david Beer wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have managed to find most of the missing dependancies for fop but can't
> find the following: com.sun.jimi.core.Jimi;
>
> or any of the pacakges associated with jimi.
>
> Where can I get the jar for jimi?
>
> Thanks
>
> David
>

> Andreas Delmelle-2 wrote:
> >
> > On Jan 26, 2008, at 19:42, david Beer wrote:
> >
> >> <snip />

> >> When i tried to look at the source in the Netbeans IDE I was
> >> missing some
> >> packages related to fonts and others so could not compile the
> >> source to
> >> debug.
> >
> > Those are normally generated via XSLT at build time. See the
> > 'codegen' target in build.xml.
> >
> > HTH!
> >
> > Andreas

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Using Preview Panel

Posted by Stefan Heuer <sh...@gmx.de>.
Hi David,

Look here:
http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/

Download file "jimi1_0.zip" and rename it to e.g. "jimi-1.0.jar".

Bye

Stefan

Re: Using Preview Panel

Posted by david Beer <da...@btinternet.com>.
Hi

Re: Using Preview Panel

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.

Re: Using Preview Panel

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <ad...@apache.org>.

Re: Using Preview Panel

Posted by david Beer <da...@btinternet.com>.
Hi

Andreas Delmelle-2 wrote:

>> I have tried to get this to dispaly in a simple fram but am not
>> sure how I
>> get my transformed document into the PreviewPanel. I mean how do I
>> set up
>> the mime typ and get the right type of preview in the panel.
>
>>>Careful with this approach, as the 'preview' may differ from the PDF-
>>>result.

All we are really trying to achieve here is like a print preview the user
can see roughly how their document will look first.

Re: Using Preview Panel

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On Jan 25, 2008, at 18:29, david Beer wrote:

Hi

> I developing a small apllication which will use FOP to transform
> and xml
> file to PDF. That part is fine but it would be nice if I can show
> the user a
> preview first using the PreviewPanel.
>
> I have tried to get this to dispaly in a simple fram but am not
> sure how I
> get my transformed document into the PreviewPanel. I mean how do I
> set up
> the mime typ and get the right type of preview in the panel.

Careful with this approach, as the 'preview' may differ from the PDF-
result.

AWT/Java2D is actually a separate output target, for which we use
MIME type "application/x-fop-awt-preview" (try: "fop -out list" on
the command-line to get all supported MIME types). Depending on the
platform and configuration, this output may look different than what
the PDFRenderer produces.

> I have looked at the PreviewDialog and that doesn't really help me in
> working out how I should process my document with FOP and then
> display it.

Because it does not really work this way, IIC (haven't used AWT
output myself that often).