Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Farr, Aaron" <Aa...@am.sony.com> on 2004/05/13 19:31:46 UTC

Avalon's growing popularity?

Hello.

Anyone have any insights on this trend:

http://www.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/projects/avalon.html#Monthly

We're seeing over double the number of hits on our website since February.
(Though we're seeing less byte transfer I think).  The biggest jumps
occurred in late March, early April.  You want to see something really
crazy?  We're getting more hits than tomcat or struts at the moment:

http://reverycodes.com/apache/stats/stats.pl?type=projects&day=&month=&year=
&interval=week&periods=48&projects=avalon&projects=struts&projects=tomcat

(You'll need IE and the Adobe SVG plugin to see that)

We're averaging something like 72000 hits a day.

I'm not sure about the complete accuracy of these graphs, but that's a
rather large swing.  Perhaps it has something to do with all the talks about
reorganization recently.  I'd like to better look at some statistics on
unique visitors and referral sites.

Anyway, something to think about.

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS